Not much interesting to share this go-around (for me, anyway. The world is…something else). Seattle spent half the month in wildfire smoke; I've been applying intense excitement for various creative hobbies in rotation; and I started playing a little bit with the Web Speech API. In the beginning prototypical stages of a soundboard I'm working on, this has mostly involved making SpeechSynthesis utter some childish strings. 😁
On the Internet
- Title Cities: cityscapes based on title pages of influential antique books (via HJ Chen). Nicholas Rougeux has quite a few fascinating and beautiful data vis projects.
- The level of petty I strive for
Web design and development
- 5 most annoying website features I face as a blind person every single day: unfortunately a “greatest hits” of web accessibility issues.
- Internationalization: Practical Tips to Build for a Global Audience
Other interesting articles
- LeBron James and a Multimillion-Dollar Push for More Poll Workers
- Black Homeowners Face Discrimination in Appraisals
- Will this enlarge me or diminish me?
- 4 Ways to Join the Food Justice Movement as a Total Beginner
- Why Do Young People Use Commas So Weirdly?: the Youths are at it again,,,
- Rise Of The Sew Bro: Why Men Have Been Crafting Their Own Clothes Over Lockdown
- Your ‘Surge Capacity’ Is Depleted — It’s Why You Feel Awful