So. COVID-19 has turned the whole world upside down, and it’s been one full month of isolation inside the apartment. Right now I am admittedly the archetype of a person who has this easiest—able to work from home, no kids, not immunocompromised AFAIK—and still, plenty of worry for the health and financial security of others, known and unknown to me. My best thoughts to those who are having a hard time right now, whatever position you find yourselves in. I'll be looking for ways to support others throughout this thing—besides staying home!—so please feel free to pass along an organization name or a Square Cash handle (please no Venmo, long story).
Due to my life situation, this shelter-in-place time has been an exploration of the great indoors: finding a new thrill in Posca paint pens; going for lunchtime walks (the highlight of my day, when I do squeeze them in); playing Animal Crossing in bits and pieces; working way too much; and getting in lots of video chatting time. I'm thankful to have more opportunities to talk to my family on the other side of the country, and having a lot of fun with socially-distanced happy hours or art hangouts. My next project: sewing masks!
Didn’t make a whole ton of progress here, but did make body text and link underlines a little less contrasty, by choosing a slightly lighter grey for the text and knocking back underlines from black to a medium grey:
On the Internet
- These resin geode paintings are wild!
- Named Color Dither: a teeny function that recolors images with named CSS colors
- This riff on the Succession theme had me in stitches 😂
- Same girl, same.
Web design and development
Other interesting articles
- Please don't stick to tech
- New York City Has Genetically Distinct ‘Uptown’ and ‘Downtown’ Rats
- How soap absolutely annihilates the coronavirus
- Amabie: the Japanese Yokai That Can Stave Off Epidemics
- What Everyone’s Getting Wrong About the Toilet Paper Shortage
(Content warning: food) Starting a new section in the Learning Log for new recipes I've tried out! Here's the key:
🤷♀️: fine, no pressing need to make again
👍: I like it, would cook again
🌟: I love it!