All I did in April was gush over the beautiful blossoms in Seattle. I’m sort of kidding but also that’s pretty much my photo roll. Pretty impressive considering it rained like, 90% of the time. It’s been a cold and wet spring so far.
- Participated in Dewey’s Readathon and read 498 pages in one day. Also messed up my neck/shoulders despite best intentions. Am considering if I’m too old for this ish.
- Launched automatic deploy subdomains with some of my collaborators at Netlify. Set a custom domain for your Deploy Previews!
- Started looking into a new product area at work. New big scope: exciting!
- Continued getting waaaay into writing SQL queries and analyzing data. The title is terrible and the book is not perfect, but I’m enjoying “Naked Statistics” by Charles Wheelan (disclosure) so far. Approachable, plain language explanation of statistics.
- Terminology Explained: P10, P50 and P90
- How to Metric
- How Duolingo Reignited User Growth
- Snap's AI backlash and Gmail gets beautified
- A rebrand for Norwich Castle is inspired by Post-it drawings from the public
- Nordstrom Rack reinstates its logo from the 70s and 80s in bold refresh
- What’s a Basic Use Case for Cascade Layers in CSS?
- Framework Popularity on Netlify
- The Performance Golden Rule Revisited
Work & Productivity
- Be a Thermostat, Not a Thermometer
- The PARA Method: A Universal System for Organizing Digital Information