Note: I’m posting my monthly update in the midst of a crisis harming Israelis and Palestinians, which includes some of my co-workers. I’m an outsider who can’t begin to understand what that feels like. What I do know and want to acknowledge is that all humans deserve to be safe; to have their needs met; and furthermore to thrive.
In September my husband and I went on our belated honeymoon! Like seemingly half of U.S. international travelers, we visited Italy, working our way through Milan, Venice, Florence, Maiori (Amalfi coast), and a quick stop in Rome. We had such a wonderful time exploring the country together. Feeling very grateful for this shared adventure.
Learn to Sew Clothes
Prior to our honeymoon, I was working my way through Closet Core’s “Learn How to Sew Clothing” online course. So far the course has been clear and useful: I didn’t skip any videos—not even the “how to use a machine” basics—and learned something new in each one. I’ve been sewing little items for my household or other hobbies, so I am looking forward to making some clothes soon. The course has helped remove some of the intimidation I felt with this process, which is what I’d hoped for!
On the Internet
- Levelbot on Mastodon. I’ve always wanted to make a fun little text bot like this, but haven’t thought of a fun idea yet.
- Need to play Octodad, where you’re a dad who’s secretly also an octopus?? A+ concept, which a couple members of my blog post writing group introduced to me in a conversation about how cool octopi (insert your favorite pluralization here) are.
I read 6 books in September. My favorite was a re-read of volumes I and II of Sakana. I have an unread copy of vol III on my shelves!
- Why Is DNS Still Hard to Learn?
- Why Is .US Being Used to Phish So Many of Us?
- Fish Doorbells! Historic Sandwiches! 50 of the Weirdest, Most Wonderful Corners of the Web – Picked by an Expert (via Eric Bailey)