Blah winter vibes this January with a cold snap that brought the weather into the teens (Fahrenheit) for ~a week in Seattle, WA. I tried to lean into coziness by learning how to bake bread (4 years after everyone else, it seems), knitting, and reading by a lit scented candle.
With my co-workers at Netlify:
- Shipped sorting and filtering for the Sites list
- Chatted with colleagues about the Netlify app for Slack—which we made generally available in December—in my first live-streamed webinar!
- 🍞 Finally crossed a couple items off the culinary bucket list. I made some matcha chia pudding with strawberry compote, which was easy but tasty. And my husband joined me in making our first loaves of bread—likewise tasty but not easy; it took houuurs for our dough to prove. I chose this nisu recipe, because why pick something simple for the first go-around? 🙃
- 📼 Over the course of a weekend I made a little site that’s been stuck in my head, Lit Tapes! It’s a compilation of my playlists compiled from songs referenced in books; small so far, but it will grow. More info on this project.
- 🌱 Digital gardening: added a couple new snacks to my World Snacks site.
- ✂️ I’m so close to finishing my first Creative Maker Supply Case. There’s just a few tasks left but they’re so fiddly and I don’t wanna!! I’ve put the project away (again) for a little while, and will pick it back up when I’m feeling brave.
- 🧦 Started learning how to knit socks!
On the Internet
- Intentionalist: a directory of local small businesses owned by folks from marginalized backgrounds
- How I put down my phone and started making art I cared about
- European Union Set to Revise Cookie Law, Admits Cookie Banners Are Annoying
- Where Have All the Websites Gone?
- Apple, the DMA, and Malicious Compliance
- Big, Beautiful, Beefy Focus States With :Focus-Visible