A selection of articles and such that I read over the past month.
Short list this month and a few weeks late 😅
- Don’t Get Clever with Login Forms
- Solid Vs. Outline Icons: Which Are Faster to Recognize?: further underlines how squishy it is to understand icon recognizability and usability. Not sure I quite agree with the “button selection” section: a mute button that goes from outlines to solid fills when activated feels right to me. Side note, I would like the design industry to standardize on mute button stylistic treatment, because “does the line through the mic mean I’m muted or not?” introduces a fair amount of paranoia into calls where I don’t want to add noise.
- The Road to Burnout is Paved With Context Switching
- Here’s Why You Should Care Less About Your Work: a bit click-baity of a title, but worth a read.
- The Modern Trap of Turning Hobbies Into Hustles
- When Kids Realize Their Whole Life Is Already Online