Mid-October marked my first official month at Netlify! I’m having a ton of fun strategizing on how to help web teams be productive on the Jamstack and the Netlify platform. It’s interesting engaging with web developer needs at a different level than the web platform, where I had been for a few years. After navigating the long wait for consensus-building that is the standards process, it’s freeing to be in a position where you can just…ship things. That consensus-building is of course an important protection for the web platform, and I’m still a part of it via the Open UI Community Group.
At home I’ve been doing some organization work, i.e. filing the mess of sketchbooks and journals into some linen boxes, and finally putting up a pegboard to house some of my drawing and sewing supplies:
I may or may not have also recently bought yet another new sketchbook (shhh). Expirementing with what paper I like best for Posca paint markers.
Other recent happenings:
- Blog posts: wrote about CurrentColor SVGs in forced color modes.
- Side projects: finished a drawing idea generator that uses serverless functions, and wrote about it here.
- Fiber art: put together a list of things I want to make in fall/winter and finished up a woven mug rug.
- Japanese: have almost entirely fell off of my kanji-learning practice, but did read this article on uchi and soto and found it quite fascinating.
- Participated in a 24-hour readathon again and read for about 8 hours, my personal best.
- Dreaming of an ASMR channel that’s just artists peeling off the masking tape from the edges of their paintings.
On the Internet
- Can Include: reference material for HTML element content models.
- Ideas for screen-less evening activities
- Cascade Layers?
- Hundreds of Ways to Get S#!+ Done—and We Still Don’t. This article captures much of the reasons I’ve settled on paper for task management: infinitely flexible, and having to rewrite tasks forces you to consider whether they are actually important.
- How to Get Unstuck: Come Back
- How to Get Unstuck: Study
- My pre-publish blogging rituals
- Embracing Messy & Inconsistent Journaling